Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Jamie Butler - MEISNER SUMMER INTENSIVE


Best Meisner Summer Intensive - Call 917-789-1599 Respected Meisner Summer Intensive Program www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ The Meisner Summer Intensive at the Maggie Flanigan Studio introduces student to the best Meisner Training in the United Staes. In this video Jamie Butler talks about what she thought it meant to train as an actor before taking the summer intensive. To apply for the admission to the Six-week Meisner Summer Intensive call the studio directly at 917-789-1599 to schedule an interview. What did you think it meant to train as an actor before you started the summer intensive at Maggie Flanigan studio? Before I started the summer intensive at Maggie Flanigan I thought it meant to learn, run lines, know how to run lines. Learn how to do character development, learn how to act, to cry on-site, learn how to act happy and sad and dramatic and go through all of those motions. That's what I thought training would be like. What happened to you during the six weeks summer intensive that changed your perspective on training and acting? Well, what happened during the six weeks of training, it dismantled all of that, completely and totally. It shattered it. It helped me to understand what acting really is and people oftentimes say, "Oh, you're acting," and meaning like, "Oh, you're pretending," and acting is not pretending. Acting is actually doing and that completely changed everything. You can't just act like you're crying you have to really internalize that moment and cry and let it come naturally and a lot of people miss that. It opened up my eyes to the truth of acting and it really changed my life. It's bled over to other areas in my life. Every area in my life has been touched by just the truth of doing what I'm doing truthfully and full out and it helped me as a person and as an actor. What did you learn about yourself that was a surprise or that changed you? What I learned about myself that was a surprise? I foolproof my life. I noticed that I neglected my feelings oftentimes. I neglected stating how I felt and here I learned that it's okay. Your feelings matter say what you feel, say how you feel, express yourself and I found so much liberation in that. And also honesty, as I walk through life. That was monumental for me because a lot of people walk around in their clammy and they don't want to say this, and they don't want to say that, or they don't want to offend, or they don't they feel like their feelings don't matter. Or if they say something it might be taking the wrong way but here it taught me that that's okay. It's really okay and it helped me to be honest with everyone and I feel free. How would you describe Charlie as a teacher? Charlie Sandlin as a teacher. Captivating, passionate, professional. I feel so honored to be his student. He makes me want to be better even in life, outside of the classroom. Compassionate, strong. There's no other teacher, instructor that I would want to teach me this craft and I've just been so honest. I told myself, Jamie you'd be a fool to go anywhere else so he's I know this may sound strange but he's a blessing. I mean, he's a blessing to be so honest and so real and really help you. That's the thing. A lot of times you're in situations or a lot of these schools they just want your resources, but he's really about showing you how to be a real bona fide artist and I can't thank him enough. I can't thank him enough. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York New York 10001 United States +1 917-789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ http://flic.kr/p/TAHA12

No comments:

Post a Comment