Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Leading Meisner Summer Intensive: Christina Mavronas 04


Meisner Summer Intensive 2017 Maggie Flanigan (917) 789-1599 What happened during the six weeks Summer Intensive that changed your perspective on training in acting? I became more honest with myself, I wasn't as afraid to fail. I wasn't as scared to walk into something unknown. Before I was kind of with a flashlight in the dark and not knowing which way to go. That's scary but with that in addition to realizing -- it's a lot of work. I am going to work and then rehearsing even on the weekends, it's not just talent. If you have a desire and you work hard and you just trust yourself, everything falls into place. What did you learn about yourself that was a surprise or that changed you? I don't know if this is the right word, but I'm a little too modest with myself. I don't give myself maybe enough credit. Growing up I always thought an artist was someone that jumped out of bed and just knew it right away and just screamed like, "I want to act," or, "I'm going to be on Broadway," or, "I'm going just to paint and sing." I wasn't like that, I liked a little bit of everything, and I wanted to explore. I think that enough again made me realize that I am an artist and I do want to be an actor. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York New York 10001 United States +1 917-789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ http://flic.kr/p/TN6muP

No comments:

Post a Comment