Wednesday, April 12, 2017

meisner summer intensive hunter bryant


The Meisner Summer Intensive at the Maggie Flanigan Studio, is considered by many to be the most respected Meisner training program in the United States. In this interview Hunter Bryant talks about his experience in the Meisner Summer Intensive as an undergraduate. What did you think it meant to train as an actor before you started the six week Summer Summer Intensive? Before I came here -- I'm actually currently enrolled in a BFA program. So training for me has been a lot of voice, a lot of speech, a lot of movement, a lot of different techniques given, layered on top of each other. But in all of that what was really missing for me was just simplicity of sitting and talking to another person just without fear, without bias, without judgment, without text and being able to own who I am in that work. What happened to you during the six week summer intensive that changed your perspective on training? What happened to me, I really got a sense of who I am in a variety of moments. Just how I would respond uncensored, how I could take risks and not have to worry about the repercussion, because in work as an actor I am not just my normal censored everyday pedestrian self. I have to be able to rise to the occasion in multiple senses and here I feel like it's been-- here I feel like I have been given the liberty to do that. What did you learn about yourself that was a surprise or that changed you? I feel like I learned what I care about, what I don’t care about, what motivates me to work and how I can bring that through my work. What are the essential things that fire me up that I can layer into a part that would instantaneously bring me to life. How would you describe Charlie as a teacher? Hunter: Rough. [laughs] I can't think of anything else. Rough. He's intense, he's passionate, he knows about so many other art forms outside of acting and he knows how all of those influence the actor. He's very driven in a way that's magnetizing, he makes you want to work harder and to uncover what's truthful. To learn more about the Meisner Summer Intensive and the professional actor training programs, call the studio at 917-789-1599. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 (917) 789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ meisner summer intensive, meisner intensive, summer intensive, summer acting programs, meisner technique, meisner acting, meisner training, acting classes, acting class, acting program, acting programs, acting coach, master acting class http://flic.kr/p/TJvvd7

No comments:

Post a Comment