Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Two Year Acting Prgram Stephen Martinez


The Maggie Flanigan Studio provides a two-year active program in New York based on the teaching of Sanford Meisner. In this video, Stephen discusses the Meisner technique and the two-year program at the Maggie Flanigan Studio. Well, the actual definition of being an artist has always been the same, it's about being creative and how you approach certain things. But what separates it different from coming to Maggie is the meaning you put behind the word. Being able to make choices and stick to them and create a behavior behind it. So being an artist, really letting yourself explore and pursue whatever you feel inside, as long as it's truthful to your self, really makes it amazing. As an artist, I couldn't see it any other way. The Meisner technique has always been amazing because it's the ability to actually do something in imaginary circumstance. So it's not about just having inner life but channeling that life and really pushing your self in your limits and being okay with making your choices. The Meisner technique, in itself, is really been amazing to help me grow as an actor. There's so many components to being an actor, besides just creating an inner life and allowing yourself to be free and fluid. But with Maggie, I have movement and voice and all these other classes that helped me, helped the body create that channel so that my inner life can process and I can come to life and create that behavior. Charlie is unbelievable and in the sense where he is firm and strong and will not take shit from anybody. But he's also-- He also gives you that space you need to make choices and come to life. He gets upset if you don't put in the work. You'll fall flat in your face. I've fallen flat on my face multiple times. But as long as I'm pushing my self and trying, he doesn't get upset. It's the people who are lazy that really get to him. You can see that passion he create inside and gives to us. He always talks about having this bar and we have to always hit his bar because he's never going to come down to us. For me it's a challenge. Charlie himself is the only type of coach I would ever want in my corner to help push me and make me a better actor. I get waves of chills and energy when I think of this place. It's really family oriented. When I compare it to another schools, I really don't. Maggie itself really sets the bar and you feel warm and you feel like everyone knows your name. Oh my God, in the first week, everyone knew my name. Anyone working in the front office, the teachers. I haven't even met some of these teachers and they knew my name. I was just like, "Holy cow." It creates such a warm environment and it allows the actor to feel comfortable to pursue what they want to go for. There isn't a time if I feel down, there's twenty other actors who in this process get to know me to a level I don't even know myself. They help bring you back up when you feel down. There's such an emotional connection that you build with this people that I know these are long lasting friendships and artists that I'm going to work with in the future. If the Meisner is not for you, them Meisner is not for you. But if it's because you're not willing to push yourself, than this isn't the program for you. Because it is going to test you in so many aspects. If you're not ready to give your all to becoming an actor, then now is not the right time. With Charlie, he's someone that knows behavior. If you couldn't create the behavior, he'll nitpick and get down to why you couldn't create that behavior. What in your crafting was off that didn't allow you to come to life. Then you work on that for the next time. It really sets it apart from other acting coaches. Charlie talks about when you first get in. By the end of the year you'll be able to emotionally step off a curb like that. Like come to life. I didn't believe it until now. I can take anything personally and I can get upset, I can be sad, I can be happy and joyful. It's such a big difference and I feel so open. What made me choose Maggie is the welcoming that I got when I got here and the ability to work at some of the classes and observe them. You feel at home. I was an hour early, the studio wasn't even open. They were like, "Just come in and have a seat. Charlie will be with you in a moment." Charlie met with me early, I sat down, I felt so connected with him. I actually broke down and cried because I felt defeated from all this other training that I tried to do. I just knew this was home for me. Shop around, look around other studios. But, Maggie Flanigan studio is the only studio that really puts the actor first. To learn more about the Meisner technique, visit the Maggie Flanigan studio website. Just schedule an interview for the two-year acting program and conservatory at the Maggie Flanigan studio. Call 917-789-1599. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 +1 917-789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ goo.gl/maps/oxqqExybwL32 plus.google.com/100897218937179347163 two year acting program, two year acting program in NYC, professional actor training program, meisner technique, acting programs, acting classes, 2 year acting program, two programs for actors, professional actor training https://flic.kr/p/X7SdTj

No comments:

Post a Comment