Monday, September 17, 2018

Liked on YouTube: New York Acting Programs - Stephanie Leiva Interview - Maggie Flanigan Studio

New York Acting Programs - Stephanie Leiva Interview - Maggie Flanigan Studio
New York Acting Programs - http://wp.me/p1cCX9-2Fj Maggie Flanigan Studio - Call (917) 789-1599 The Maggie Flanigan Studio has the reputation as being one of the best actor training programs in New York and the U.S. Stephanie Leiva, in this interview, talks with Katie about the Meisner training during her first year in the program, and why she decided to train at Maggie Flanigan Studio instead of the many other acting studios in New York. Q: Stephanie, what did you think the Meisner technique was before you started training at Maggie Flanigan Studio? A: I didn't have too much of a concrete idea of what Meisner was. I went to Rutgers, and I studied theater there, so I knew that it was about listening and responding and finding your point of view and being truthful, but I had a pretty vague idea. I just knew from my friends, they were like, "If you want to do acting, you're perfect for Meisner,” so I looked into studios for Meisner and found this one. Q: Now that you're done with your first year, what do you think the Meisner technique is now? A: Meisner is about being yourself from your point of view, from being as truthful as you can, from really listening to your partner, really taking it in and responding from your point of view. Q: Now that you’ve finished the first year, what did you learn about yourself during this year that was a surprise or that changed you? A: What changed for me this year is I started off from a very defensive place. Instead of taking in and letting things affect me, I would go, and I would attack. I was very defensive, and Charlie helped me transition to starting to stand up for myself. There's such a big difference between being defensive and standing up for yourself, and I built confidence to hold my ground. Q: What did you learn this year about work ethic or what it takes to be an actor? A: It takes so much to be an actor. My time is consumed with my classes and the work that I have to do. I'm too consumed with my rehearsal and my crafting and my activity and my scenes and my lines. I’m constantly thinking about this. There's never a dull moment. You have to be obsessed with this work. If you're not obsessed with your creativity, if you don't have your imagination flowing all the time, you need to get it flowing. New York Acting Programs - Stephanie Leiva Interview - Maggie Flanigan Studio Learn more about the training and acting programs at the Maggie Flanigan Studio by visiting the studio website operating programs page. Actors who are interested in applying for admission should call the studio with questions about enrollment by calling (917) 789-1599. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 +1 917-789-1599 http://www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ https://goo.gl/maps/oxqqExybwL32 https://plus.google.com/112291205845820496849 acting programs new york, acting classes new york, acting studio new york, Meisner technique, Maggie Flanigan Studio, Stephanie Leiva
via YouTube https://youtu.be/SdJzWXLxJJE

No comments:

Post a Comment