Monday, May 10, 2021

Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 02


Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 02 Q: This is your first time studying the Meisner Technique, as you mentioned. What about the Meisner that makes it the best acting technique? A: Yes, besides the listening, which is everything, it teaches you how to approach a character and how to approach a script and navigate everything that comes with taking on a profound, deep role or any role for that matter. Playing yourself, even playing your version, which everything's a version of yourself, but even playing something close to home. It teaches you the technique of how to break down a script, how to delve into a character, how to prepare emotionally, all those things that a lot of acting techniques teach, but this way is the only way that has ever worked for me. It taught me in a way that was healthy because a lot of techniques teach you a way of mining personal experience so profoundly that it has a negative effect or isn't conducive to what we want to do. They mine this trauma, and then you heal from the trauma, and then you can no longer prepare. This technique taught me how to daydream again like I did when I was a kid. When I was a kid, I remember looking up at the sky, and I was just looked up at the sky in my backyard, and I was like, I know if something's going to happen, but I don't know what it's going to be. I know I'm going to do stuff, but I don't know what will happen or what it's going to be. I don't want to be an artist. Then I lost that after I was a little boy but I found it again, studying with Charlie. It's just such a beautiful technique that when you're feeling lost or you're feeling stagnant, or you're feeling maybe you're not talented enough, perhaps no one wants you because of X, Y, and Z, maybe it's just that you haven't found the proper technique and that technique for me was Meisner. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 (917) 789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/new-york-ny www.google.com/maps?cid=17904951966372592922 twitter.com/MeisnerActing www.facebook.com/MeisnerActing/ meisneracting10001.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html maggieflaniganstudio.business.site/ www.pearltrees.com/maggieflaniganstudio https://flic.kr/p/2kXQo7V

No comments:

Post a Comment