Meisner Acting Studio | Meisner Acting NYC | (917) 606-0982
Meisner acting studio NYC (917) 606-0982 Maggie Flanigan Studio http://www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/meisner-acting-nyc/ The Maggie Flaningan Studio provides the best Meisner acting classes in New York City. In this video Irene Rivera, an alumni of the two year acting program, discusses her experience training at the studio. "What I like best about the training at this acting studio is the freedom of expression. I have learned to communicate from somewhere very truthful and raw. The training has taught me about not having to apologize for the way that I really feel.I grew up feeling like I shouldn't be upset or be too happy. At the studio everything is out of the box. You can be however you want to be, however you feel. You can feel it. I still struggle with that even after this year. Just really allowing myself to have my feelings and stand up for myself but working through that has been really great for me." Here is what one student had to say about the two year program at the studio: I'm a second year student at Maggie Flanigan Studio and cannot say enough wonderful things about this program and its teachers; especially Maggie Flanigan and Charlie Sandlan. In my initial interview, both Charlie and Maggie warned me that the program is hard and demanding but that if I worked hard and applied myself they would support me every step of the way. I walked into this with no expectations for a quick fix or shortcut, but ready to challenge myself and dedicate myself to learning the technique. First year was spent learning how to trust my impulses and abandon the tendency to act from my head. Under Charlie's vigilant eye and steady guidance I learned how to be open and avialable, how to take my partner in and respond truthfully, and how to trust my instincts. Charlie would stop an exercise when it seemed that I was trying to manipulate a strong emotional response or when I was functioning from my head. He taught me that words such as "I think" or asking "Why.." were sure signs that I was processing things intellectually rather than instinctually. As with any paradigmatic shift in thinking, I experienced a fair amount of frustration in grasping the principles being taught and internalizing them but, as promised, Charlie supported me every step of the way. He always offered truthful critiques that were straight up and not sugar coated (which I prefer) and that were always accompanied with advice on how to solve the particular challenge I was facing. My first note from Charlie in class was "I can barely hear you. I'm sitting a few feet away from you and you are not projecting your voice enough so that I can hear you." By the end of the year, I was free and open and alive enough to be heard down the hall and, most importantly, for my acting to have an impact and be felt by the audience. I am forever indebted to Charlie for being so generous with his time and so dedicated to my development as an actor. I'm trying hard not to gush but I will say that I love Charlie Sandlan as an artist, as a teacher and as a person. Those sentiments are shared by my classmates and the alumni who have had the privilege to work with him. Maggie Flanigan Studio Inc 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 (917) 606-098 meisner acting studio, meisner acting studio nyc, meisner acting studio new york ny, maggie flanigan studio, two year acting programs
via YouTube http://youtu.be/sbnDGvcR70A
No comments:
Post a Comment