Meisner Summer Intensive 2021 - Maggie Flanigan Studio - 2021 Meisner Summer Intensive
Meisner Summer Intensive 2021 - https://www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/summer-acting-program/meisner-summer-intensive-2021/ 2021 Meisner Summer Intensive - Call Maggie Flanigan Studio (917) 789-1599 Well, it's hard to believe that it has been 20 years since the Maggie Flanigan Studio opened up its doors. For the last year, we have taken our entire conservatory program online. This includes the six weeks summer Meisner intensive, which we are going to do for the second summer in a row on the Zoom platform. I thought I would just take a few minutes here to just talk about what I've learned as a teacher this last year. I have now had the opportunity to teach the six weeks summer intensive last year, all of my first year students and my second year students who have been moving forward with their training online. I was resistant at first, I have to admit. I didn't think it was possible, I thought the integrity of the work is going to be sacrificed, that you can't really train an actor online and I was wrong. I have been blown away by what my students are accomplishing. The thing about the summer intensive, it's the first third of Meisner's first year work. It's three days a week, it's six weeks, it's intense. I can promise you this, that online, you can absolutely learn how to get out of your head and get into your heart, how to get onto your spontaneous impulses. You can learn how to really listen, how to go from anticipated moment to unanticipated moment. You can learn how to get the attention off of yourself and onto the other person. You can learn how to truthfully do under an imaginary circumstance. You can sensitize this instrument so that your vulnerability, your empathy, your humanity can begin to operate. You can learn how to craft the way an actor needs to learn how to craft. Very simply, very specifically, very personally. Meisner Summer Intensive 2021 - Maggie Flanigan Studio - 2021 Meisner Summer Intensive You can take all of that and apply it to scenes, which is what we're going to do. You can learn how to improvise your way through a piece of material, how to break out of habits, whether that's adjusting to the text, line reading, manipulating yourself emotionally, all of this can be accomplished online. If you have the grit and the resilience and the determination to move forward with your creative dreams, your artistic vision of the type of life you want to have for yourself. The successful people that are going to come out of this pandemic are the ones that have not waited, who have not sat idly by for a better time to be able to do something. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 (917) 789-1599 https://www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/new-york-ny https://www.google.com/maps?cid=17904951966372592922 https://twitter.com/MeisnerActing https://www.facebook.com/MeisnerActing/ https://meisneracting10001.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html https://maggieflaniganstudio.business.site/ http://www.pearltrees.com/maggieflaniganstudio acting classes NYC, acting classes in NYC, maggie flanigan studio, actors, maggie flanigan, Meisner technique training, Meisner technique, Meisner training, Meisner, Meisner work, Meisner acting, Meisner acting classes, acting conservatory, best acting studio in NYC
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqKo2iXNxRc
No comments:
Post a Comment