Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Master Class for Actors Cristina Garcia Leon 05


Master Class for Actors - Maggie Flanigan (917) 789-1599 What Did You Find Difficult About The Class? Maggie made me challenge myself. She made us all face our challenges. She asked us before we started the class what scares you most so that we could actually work on that in the class. I chose a love scene because I find those the little terrifying, well not anymore but I did before going into class. I found those terrifying. It's not the type of thing that I was being cast in. Its not the type of thing that I would submit for because I just felt they they don't want my type. I’m a Latina of a certain age. I’m not skinny. They are not looking for me. So I had to confront all of that in class and the challenges of a love scene, the vulnerability that you have to show. Maggie created such a safe space. She gave me the confidence to put myself into this role rather than my idea of what the playwright might have thought or what a casting director might think would be right for the role but I put myself into the role. I learned that is really all I need. Maggie has given me the tools on how to tackle the scene and I just have to have the confidence that I'm enough. I got that in class through one-on-one with Maggie. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 +1 917-789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ goo.gl/maps/oxqqExybwL32 plus.google.com/100897218937179347163 acting masterclass, masterclass for actors, master class, scene study class, scene study class nyc, scene study acting classes nyc, best scene study class nyc, scene study analysis, scene study for actors, advanced scene study, meisner scene study, scene study techniques http://flic.kr/p/V4reiY

No comments:

Post a Comment