Thursday, October 26, 2017

Xandra Leigh Parker 1


You had worked previously before you came in here, what ultimately made you decide to come and study and commit to this program, take time out in career and really commit to training? I felt like I didn't have a solid way of working yet. I had pieces, but I didn't have a solid foundation to really being able to go in and do my best work. If I was doing good work, it was almost out of chance and not out of professional training. I think that the decision to go back to school was by far the best one. I've seen how I would have approached roles before much differently and almost wish I could go back and do it again. I also think that my life experience with the training program has been really beneficial for me, I'm glad I'm hitting it at this time, definitely. How do you think both Charlie and your classmates have helped you raise your standard for yourself? What you're willing to commit to the project you're working on, the roles you are developing, how have they helped you raise your standard? Once you have one of those classes that you feel completely accelerated, you want it more and more and more. It's almost like you want to one-up yourself. It's not a competition with your classmates, but you want to make sure that you're constantly pushing and constantly striving to do something that scares you because that feeling is unfakeable, I think, and has been some of the scariest classes but also the best things that I was terrified to do, even to approach as a subject, have been monumentally helpful. And compared to other places you've studied or taken classes, how do they compare to Maggie Flanigan Studio? The dedication is different. Everybody here who I've worked with is here for the right reasons. They want this. They're willing to work for it, and that's just unlike a lot of studios I was in. The percentage of people who are there for the right reasons, who are really here to train to be a real artist, to make brave and bold choices and to take it seriously. I think that's the major difference. And you feel safe here to try that stuff. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 +1 917-789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ goo.gl/maps/oxqqExybwL32 plus.google.com/100897218937179347163 https://flic.kr/p/ZHW71d

No comments:

Post a Comment