Friday, August 3, 2018

acting programs new york - maggie flanigan studio 01 - (917) 78


acting programs new york - maggie flanigan studio 01 - (917) 789-1599 The Maggie Flanigan Studio is considered by many actors to be one of the best New York acting programs. During this interview Sky Nelson talks about the first year in the two year acting program. Learn more about why many actors consider this two year acting program to be one of the best acting programs in New York, and in the United States, by visiting the studio website or by calling the studio during open hours. Call 917-789-1599. Q: Sky, what did you think the Meisner technique was before you started the two-year program at Maggie Flanigan's Studio? A: I had a little bit of training in the Meisner technique. My old college professor studied with Maggie at Rutgers, so I had a little bit of an introduction, and she pushed me to come here. Just gave me a nudge in the right direction because obviously with Maggie's name attached and Charlie as the teacher, the training here was so far above what she could provide. I knew a little bit about the repetition and stuff like that, but we didn't get into the depth of activities. Q: Now that you've finished your first year of training, what do you think the Meisner technique is now? A: So much of it has to do with the depth of yourself I guess. Just exploring all those different parts, which I didn't understand before coming here, but you get to play in those parts of you that you don't see in everyday life. That's the big thing with I think Meisner, is just exploring all these different facets of yourself. From my understanding, that turns into character work, which is just really cool. My understanding has shifted from just being a repetition exercise that people do to get out of your head, to this whole expanse of exploring these deep parts of yourself that you don't usually play with. Q: Why did you choose Maggie Flanigan Studio as the place where you were going to train? A: I think that because I had that nudge from that professor. I looked into the Esper Studio, but mostly Meisner-based so these were the two that I was choosing between. I also had a buddy who took the summer intensive here and then got into NYU’s Grad Program and was like, "Dude, you got to do this. It's one of the things that got me into grad school." I was like, “I’m sold.” I room with him now as he's going to NYU, and I'm doing this, and it's enjoyable. Yes, just the attention to detail and the videos of Charlie online where he's talking candidly about acting, and this crisis in American acting, and all these things about, it's not all about being a pop star, and it's not all about being this commercial success, but it's about the artistry of it. That was cool and fun to hear about. https://flic.kr/p/271orpw

No comments:

Post a Comment