Monday, January 28, 2019

Bill Esper: Mentor and Artistic Father

Maggie talks about Bill Esper and her relationship with him since training with him
Bill Esper teaching students in calls remembered by Maggie Flanigan

Bill Esper Acting Teacher – Mentor and Artistic Father – Maggie Flanigan

William Esper was the preeminent acting teacher in NYC when I trained with him as an actress and then as a teacher. He was also the authentic interpreter of Sandy Meisner ‘s work.

I worked with Bill for 19 years. We co-taught the MFA Acting Program at Rutgers University. And I taught at his studio for the same amount of time.

author-pic

It was a privilege to have known him, to have worked with him and to have him as a friend and mentor.

Maggie FlaniganArtistic Director, Master Teacher

Bill had high standards and he held his student’s feet to the fire so they could be the best actors they could be. His students loved him. And they still tell their “Bill Tales” even if they worked with him 20 years ago. Bill had such a wicked sense of humor.

It was a privilege to have known him, to have worked with him and to have him as a friend and mentor.

Maggie talks about Bill Esper and her relationship with him since training with him

Maggie Flanigan – Maggie Flanigan Studio – Remembering Bill Esper

When I spoke with Bill 9 months ago he said to me that he thought in some way he had been instrumental in the success of my studio. And indeed he was. He was my mentor and artistic father.

And in my work I have tried to honor Bill and Sandy — their work, their standards and their love of actors and the art of acting.

The post Bill Esper: Mentor and Artistic Father appeared first on Meisner Acting - The Maggie Flanigan Studio New York NY - 917-789-1599.

No comments:

Post a Comment