Sunday, February 3, 2019

Liked on YouTube: New York Acting Programs - Hailey Vest Interview - Call (917) 789-1599

New York Acting Programs - Hailey Vest Interview - Call (917) 789-1599
Actors who commit to the professional actor training at the Maggie Flanigan Studio establish the skills and tools that they need to succeed as professional actors. Hailey Vest talks to Katie about the confidence that she has gained at auditions and the actors who are inspiring her right now. Q: Hailey, you mentioned you were auditioning before you started the 18-month program. How were your auditions before you came to this studio? A: I felt pretty good with them. Like you leave the room, and it's this moment of like, "I did the best I could. Okay. Cool." Or, "That was horrendous." We've all had those auditions like it's just not great [laughs]. With the training that I have here is you walk into the audition, you are so emotionally prepared, "I know exactly what I'm doing. I know what I want to do." I do it, and it's like, "I did it. Okay. That was it. I could have-- maybe I was off maybe by 10%, but I know what I need to fix," or you leave the room, "I nailed that, that was the best I could have done." I feel it's that euphoric energy that you have. I want to leave every audition room feeling that way, and that's what this studio provides. Q: Who was one person that influenced your decision to become an actor? A: It always changes. I think the first person was Judy Garland. When I was younger, I wanted to be just like her. Because I grew up watching The Wizard of Oz and my first lead role as Dorothy, which made me love her that much more. Just like being able to see her, she goes on stage, and it's effortless. She's singing, she's dancing, and she's just having the time of her life. It just looks so simple, that's what it should be. They were talking about this in class the other day of like, our job is to make the complicated look simple, and it's just she nailed it. Someone who I love right now, I love Claire Foy. She's incredible-- Oh, my God, she kills me. I love her. I also got to see a panel with Olivia Wilde recently, about a year ago. It's just her passion and even just this like female drive of like, "I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines now. Come on, ladies, let's do this." It's just so inspiring. I'm like, "Yes, we're going to write our material, we're going, telling the truth, and I'm not just going to be here to look pretty for you." It's just like, "Let's do this." It's just I'm allowed to feel my emotions, I'm allowed to explore them thoroughly. I think that we're stepping into a time of theater and film where that's actually what people want to see, and people want to play with. These are the only roles I can play. It's a little, and I like that. Q: What artists inspire your scene work right now? A: My scene right now, it's very messy. It's taken me a good couple of weeks to wrap my head around from where I'm coming from because, in the beginning, I could not understand my character, Allison, at all. I didn't follow her. I recently saw an interview with Amy Adams because she's in Sharp Objects which is on HBO right now, which is fantastic. She's had this super long career and how her rules have changed, and she's like, "I am a mess in real life, and this is the first time I've ever been able to play someone who's a mess. It's refreshing, and also I get to capitalize on because everybody's a mess in their way. To be able to walk into a room and not apologize for it." That translated over to my scene because I was just in this situation I'm in this room, I am uncomfortable, I want so many different things. I am a mess, and I am ashamed for it and embarrassed for it. Then at the same time, it's me, and it's my truth, and I have to live it through and not know what's on the other side. That resonated with me very recently. The January New York acting program at the Maggie Flanigan Studio is an acting program created for serious actors that lasts for 18 months. Students who are ready to commit to developing the work ethic of professional actors should apply online for acceptance into the studio programs. Actors who have questions about the January acting program should call the studio at 917-789-1599. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 (917) 789-1599 http://www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ https://goo.gl/maps/JTA9n7oHbNT2 acting classes NYC, acting classes in NYC, maggie flanigan studio, actors, maggie flanigan, Meisner technique training, Meisner technique, Meisner training, Meisner, Meisner work, Meisner acting, Meisner acting classes, acting conservatory, best acting studio in NYC
via YouTube https://youtu.be/AqnMvetn4tY

No comments:

Post a Comment