Saturday, April 20, 2019

Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 02


Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 02 Q: It's only a six-week program and it feels like a short amount of time, but since you're in class three days a week and working so closely with the other students in your class, how has this sense of community helped you through these six weeks? Well, what's great about being with people who are like-minded is we're all frustrated about the same things, but we all have a really serious desire to push through those frustrations. I've met some really, really wonderful actors who want to do the same thing as me or are just as passionate about me- about it as I am. That's been a really nice experience, to be able to share that and spend so much time with people who really care about what they're doing. Q: You mentioned frustration. There's a lot of highs and a lot of lows when you're going through this program. Was there a particular moment that sticks out for you in your mind, either in the activity, in a rehearsal, where you finally felt like it clicked, or your understanding was really starting to deepen? Definitely when we did the activity and I had to be at the door and walk in. That was really challenging. You don't really realize how difficult it is to be standing up there and having to work off someone. It's not something that you do as much as we like to think in everyday life. As soon as I did that, and I really had an honest truthful experience. I lived to do something. That was the moment that it really clicked. It made sense to me why we were doing the things we were doing. Q: How would you describe Charlie as a teacher? Charlie is passionate, very knowledgeable. He expects a lot out of the students which I appreciate. I don't want to be taught by someone who lets me do the minimum. He certainly does not allow that. He expects the best out of everyone, which allows me to rise to my full potential. Q: What would you say to someone who was thinking about doing the Summer Intensive Program but maybe thought, "Oh, I have BFA. I don't need more training, more-- It's a big time commitment. Financially, I don't know if I can commit to that"? Maybe they were thinking about doing it but were finding a lot of excuses or reasons why they shouldn't. What would you say to that person about coming here? If you're serious about acting as an artist and as a carrier, then training is the most important part. What's going to set you apart is good training. You will receive that here. It's worth the time commitment, it's worth the money because, in such a short time, three or six weeks, I have really- I feel like I've really evolved as an artist and have a greater understanding of what it is and why I'm here, doing what I'm doing. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 +1 917-789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ goo.gl/maps/oxqqExybwL32 plus.google.com/112291205845820496849 twitter.com/MeisnerActing www.facebook.com/MeisnerActing/ https://flic.kr/p/24Zwe8B

No comments:

Post a Comment