Friday, September 11, 2020

two year acting program belen cusi 02


Q: Belén, before we get into questions about the pandemic and acting classes on Zoom, just a little bit of background about yourself. What did you think it meant to train as an actor before you started studying at Maggie Flanigan Studio? Before I started studying at Maggie Flanigan, I was mostly a commercial actress and model. Mainly all the acting work I was doing was in commercials, and I did that for several years. Any training I had done had been more commercial-based and about looking good in front of the camera, speaking, creating an appearance, or coming off as good as possible. I think I had a notion of, and ultimately is what I found, and what drew me to Maggie was the idea of training more for film, for character work, for more profound behavioral work. My concept evolved once I started thinking about expanding into film acting. Q: How has your idea of training changed after finishing the first year of the two-year program? It has grown, it has expanded, and it has become so much more personal than I thought it would be. I remember Charlie's interview; I said I want to act because I want to live other experiences. I want to be outside of myself and inhabit these different characters and other lives. Charlie said, "Yes, but it's still you." I was running away from myself, and what the training has taught me is that I have to run towards myself to be the actor that I want to be. It has opened me up to transformation on not just an artistic level but a personal level. To learn more about the two-year acting program and the studio's online acting classes, visit the studio website and contact the studio with any question by calling (917) 789-1599. https://flic.kr/p/2jFqaVQ

No comments:

Post a Comment