
Q: Had you ever worked with the Meisner technique before you started training at the studio? I had not. Q: If you could pick one or two things that resonated with you about the Meisner technique, what would those things be? I would say the first and fundamental thing would be working from our imagination and not having to pull from past personal and traumatic experiences, and strengthening our muscles of creativity and how that can also enrich our lives beyond acting. That leads me to the second thing, which I think is embracing your inner child and bringing a childlike wonder and innocence and also fearlessness to work into our lives. Q: What would you say is the biggest thing that you learned about yourself that surprised you during this first year of training? Oh, good question. I was surprised by how deep I was able to go. This work has genuinely saved my emotional life in a way that it's reconnected me with the essence of who I am emotionally, and it's allowed me to reclaim or begin to reclaim my vulnerability and to embrace that. I was surprised and humbled by realizing that the work works. I trusted Charlie and Maggie from day one, and I truly began to transform, and I'm so excited to continue on that journey. Q: Can you talk a little bit about the additional classes? Sure. It felt very holistic and like I was on triple throttle having the movement, especially the voice and the movement classes. I'll even mention the theater history class because it gave context to a lot of the work we were doing, and coming from a non-theater background, it enriched the experience. Voice and movement were going hand in hand with the work we were doing. Charlie would tell us we have to loosen up and open up our instrument and ease the tension. I was so glad to be doing that in the movement class, and not having that with the virtual experience has only highlighted the importance of having that holistic approach. I can't wait to be able to do more of that work again. To learn more about the two-year acting program and the studio's online acting classes, visit the studio website and contact the studio with any question by calling (917) 789-1599. https://flic.kr/p/2jFqaW1
No comments:
Post a Comment