Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Master Acting Class Lisa LaMattina 01


Master Acting Class Lisa LaMattina 01 (917) 789-1599 Why Did You Decide To Take Master Class With Maggie Flanigan? I had been out of the studio for about three years when I decided I wanted to come back and study with Maggie again. I mean, I always wanted to come back to the studio because it's such a community and when you leave here you're kind of thrust into everyone doing their own thing. I definitely missed the sense of community and all the people but at the same time you got to go out there and do it. So after about three years I saw she was doing a master class and the timing was right because I was really starting to doubt myself again. You go in as a new actor you go into an office for the first time, you meet them and you don't get a call back. But then they call you again. So then you go in and then maybe you get the call back and then you don't hear anything for them for months. Then you're asking yourself “What am I doing?” I was starting to doubt my process. I was worried that because I wasn't working on these big plays anymore. I wasn't working on this juicy text. I was getting two pages, three pages under five. All these things are what a new actor gets so I wasn't sure if I was applying the techniques that I learned here on the work that I was being given now. So I really wanted to go back to be fixed to make sure that I haven't forgotten anything. That was exactly what I needed because there were definitely little things I forgot but then overall I felt like it was in me it was like muscle memory. I was using it on a daily basis and not even realizing it because it became part of me very naturally. http://flic.kr/p/Sm2QPz

No comments:

Post a Comment