Tuesday, May 9, 2017

meisner summer intensive shadia almasri 02


Meisner Summer Intensive Begins - Maggie Flanigan (917) 789-1599 How would you describe Charlie as an acting teacher? Charlie is very intense, he's very honest, but he’s also very sweet and enduring. When I decided to take the step after years on stage in New York, after reaching that point where I feel that I had to break through, that I was too comfortable, I decided to take a summer off. Crazy. Take a summer off, not work, and train. It's one of the bravest things I've done within my adult life, where everything has to be secure and safe, and you have to know what's coming, what's the next thing. I decided that I was just going to play it a little bit unsafe for a while and see what's out there. After looking at other schools. After doing the rounds and meeting other studios, when I met him, I felt that he was the one I needed to study with. He was honest. He understood what training is as an artist of another craft, which is music, to someone who is a performing actor. We understood each other that way. But I also could tell that he was not going to let me slide by. I could tell that he expected each one of us to bring it, each class. Very high standards that he set for us. He made us set high standards for ourselves as well as artists. So that's something that I could tell when I met him for the first time, and I confirmed throughout the six weeks. He made me work very hard. He made me cry. I felt ashamed about myself, about the work if I didn't do what I thought was enough. It might never be enough because there's always somewhere else to go and he lets us know that. But he also tells us when we're doing work in the correct way. To learn more about the Meisner Summer Intensive at the studio, call 917-789-1599 today to schedule your admission interview. http://flic.kr/p/Tq5EYp

No comments:

Post a Comment