
Makana Ching - Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 01 Q: Can you talk a little bit about how your experience in the emotional prep workshop or voice or Reiki and Nutrition has informed the work you're doing in class? I really enjoyed all the workshops I went to. I will say that the emotional prep was just mind-blowing for me. It was so easy to receive these tools that then I could apply to my work. For all the other ones, it just opened my mind to what's out there, and again, back to what is acting and training. I haven't done movement classes, I haven't done voice classes. It was just really interesting. These teachers are so passionate about the work that they do, and to me, that is really inspiring just to be in sessions where people are really passionate. Like you said, I'm just excited to do them in person because I just want to soak up whatever I can, and I need more than these three days, but regardless, it has been a really awesome opportunity to be able to take them online. Q: Do you feel like those workshops, maybe in particular, the emotional prep workshop helped you show up to acting class in a different way? Yes. I liked that it really helped me think of all the senses, and how those apply to exercise, activities, thinking about the smells, what you hear, what you feel. It's just so interesting. I feel like when you're little you think about the senses more maybe, and then as you age, it's like, ''Oh, wow.'' It was just really inspiring to be more in tune with them because I think it's so easy to not be present. If you think about acting, you have to be present. I think that workshop, in particular, helped me be more present, more grounded, and really just set me up for success a little better than I had been. [chuckles] Maggie Flanigan Studio 147 W. 25th St. 5th Floor New York, NY 10001 (917) 789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/new-york-ny www.google.com/maps?cid=17904951966372592922 twitter.com/MeisnerActing www.facebook.com/MeisnerActing/ meisneracting10001.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html maggieflaniganstudio.business.site/ www.pearltrees.com/maggieflaniganstudio https://flic.kr/p/2mmn2ku
No comments:
Post a Comment