Saturday, September 4, 2021

Makana Ching - Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 01 - (917) 789-1599


Makana Ching - Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 01 Q: Why did you like working with Charlie so much? What type of acting teacher is he? There aren't enough good words to use to describe Charlie. Going back to me being attracted to people who have passion, this guy is passionate. You can see it in his eyes when he talks about your crafting when he talks about your activities or your exercise or whatever you're doing. You can just see that he's just so excited to share this information with you. I think the thing I really like about him is that he's only going to-- I don't know. In some ways, I feel like he's only going to make you better if you're wanting to get better. He can tell that you're not interested or you're not putting the effort in. At that point, it's like you're the one who's not doing the work. I don't know, I feel like I'm visual going around. If you put in the work, he's going to put in the work. He's passionate, and he is committed to you. He's committed to making you a better actor. I think he really does want success for everyone he teaches. If you just want someone who's going to light a fire under you, then Charlie is your guy. [chuckles] He's amazing. He's so amazing. Q: I think there's a big idea that New York is dead. How do you feel about that? It's so crazy. I swear when I first quit my full-time job to start freelancing, I fell in love with New York all over again. No matter what city I go to, I feel like New York is the best city in the world. It's really exciting to be on this acting journey in New York where acting is so prevalent. The training is so amazing. For anyone who says New York is dead, it's not true. It was quiet. It was definitely quiet throughout the pandemic, but people are anxious to be social again. Especially with the warmer weather, the parks are loaded, the streets are busy. New York never died. I thought I'd never say this but I'm even excited to take the subway again. I'm excited to go out with friends, go to dinners, go into the studio. I don't even know what that's like. This whole training for me has been online so it's just things to look forward to for me. Maggie Flanigan Studio 147 W. 25th St. 5th Floor New York, NY 10001 (917) 789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/new-york-ny www.google.com/maps?cid=17904951966372592922 twitter.com/MeisnerActing www.facebook.com/MeisnerActing/ meisneracting10001.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html maggieflaniganstudio.business.site/ www.pearltrees.com/maggieflaniganstudio https://flic.kr/p/2mmkTM9

No comments:

Post a Comment