Saturday, September 4, 2021

Makana Ching - Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 01 - (917) 789-1599


Makana Ching - Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 01 Q: Great. You're wrapping up the first year, what are you looking forward to most about second year? Everything. I just feel so anxious and so excited about the whole journey. I'm even thinking, "Oh, do I need a third year? What about a fourth year?" I just don't want it to stop. I think definitely the character work is what I'm super excited about. I don't even really know what we're going to learn. I'm starting to feel more confident with what I know and the foundation. I totally understand how it has to be-- You can't just be thrown into it. You need to learn. I think that going back to the training and people who are interested in doing it, if you're really wanting to do this for your whole life you should have at least two years to be able to commit to the training. Otherwise, you're just a hack as Charlie says. I really do believe that. You can see it too. You can see hacks all the time. Q: Is there anything else that I haven't asked that you'd like to share, any advice, any thoughts? I think something that Charlie also says is, "Never settle for your second best," which is so true. I just think that again talking about life being busy and hard, it's worth it for you and for your growth to push yourself as much as you can and put yourself in situations that are uncomfortable because, after this training, Charlie's not going to be there to hold your hand. I think that the one thing that's so amazing about this training is that it creates a space for people to experiment and explore different parts of them. It's crazy because for so long I didn't even speak up for myself. So much of the first-year training is just learning how to stand up for yourself and not being a doormat, as he says. It's really changed my life. It's crazy that it took me this long to speak up for myself. Maggie Flanigan Studio 147 W. 25th St. 5th Floor New York, NY 10001 (917) 789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/new-york-ny www.google.com/maps?cid=17904951966372592922 twitter.com/MeisnerActing www.facebook.com/MeisnerActing/ meisneracting10001.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html maggieflaniganstudio.business.site/ www.pearltrees.com/maggieflaniganstudio https://flic.kr/p/2mmigmM

No comments:

Post a Comment