Saturday, September 4, 2021

Makana Ching - Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 01 - (917) 789-1599


Makana Ching - Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 01 Q: Do you have any advice for people that are feeling, "I already have a career, I can't take time away--?" The flip side of that is sometimes when we feel we're already on a trajectory of where we're going to go in the future, we are afraid to step outside of that. Like you did and allow yourself to do both. Do you have any advice for people that are maybe feeling a little bit in their head about doing both or committing to something like this when they're not 18 because they're too old at 25 or whatever stories that we all tell ourselves because we all do it? Do you have any advice for those people about committing to something like this? Yes it's so funny because I was actually going to say just commit. I think it's so easy to get in our heads. I also was someone who was stuck in the past for so long wishing I had started sooner. I think that you really have to believe in yourself no matter where you are in terms of your training and just stay committed. Something that Charlie always talks about is just being resilient. The work is going to be hard and life is going to be hard. Your career is going to be hard. I would just tell anybody who wants to do this and has a dream to do this or even an inkling of being interested. I would just say commit to it. Put your heart and soul into it. You're going to be busy. That's just life. Life is never going to slow down, so just stay committed. Q: What has the experience of doing classes online been like for you? I've actually loved it and I think it's interesting because so many people will be like, "Oh my God, you're doing training online. You can't act online." I totally disagree with that. If you think about it, the camera's always on you anyway, so you just get used to it. I think in some ways I'm the type of person that likes a challenge and I think doing this work online did just that. Even when we're in scenes when I watch some things where you're doing a scene with your partner, for instance, you have a glass of water or something, and the other person has a glass of water and it's the giving and the receiving and just watching that happen in real-time is just fascinating. Maggie Flanigan Studio 147 W. 25th St. 5th Floor New York, NY 10001 (917) 789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/new-york-ny www.google.com/maps?cid=17904951966372592922 twitter.com/MeisnerActing www.facebook.com/MeisnerActing/ meisneracting10001.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html maggieflaniganstudio.business.site/ www.pearltrees.com/maggieflaniganstudio https://flic.kr/p/2mmd9MD

No comments:

Post a Comment