
Summer Acting Program - Maggie Flanigan Studio 01 Katie: Great. Tan, thanks for doing this with me and being here. You are currently in the first year of the two-year program. Before we get into more specifics about all of that, just some questions before you started the first-year class, the first-year program at the studio, what did you think it meant to train as an actor? Well, first of all, hi, Katie. Thank you so much for having me. That's an excellent question. I think for me, I felt that I had some minimal experience training as an actor. But, still, I didn't know that it would be this intense, intense, and rewarding all at the same time before joining this fantastic conservatory. Q: Now that you're almost done with the first year, what do you think it means to train as an actor now? To train as an act of now, I will have to say finding joy in the struggle. I hope that makes sense. Like really finding, because you are going to struggle as an actor, it's a sprint, I feel that you have to-- you're going to work. I mean, you really can't compare your struggle to the next person's struggle. However, know you are going to find joy in that it is okay not to get it. It's okay not to be able to have some good nights or good moments. It's all right because it's all part of the journey as an actor. Q: When you were looking for classes, were you specifically looking for Meisner technique classes? Or were you looking for any acting class? Yes, Meisner was at the top of my list. I wasn't looking just any-- I had an idea based on it as well. I studied acting in college as an undergrad, but never this intense; it wasn't as intensive now. However, I had an idea that I knew Meisner would push me, and I had so much respect for the Meisner techniques. So when I saw that the Maggie Flanigan Studio, that was the program you use, the method, I was right on board with that. Maggie Flanigan Studio 147 W. 25th St. 5th Floor New York, NY 10001 (917) 789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/new-york-ny www.google.com/maps?cid=17904951966372592922 twitter.com/MeisnerActing www.facebook.com/MeisnerActing/ meisneracting10001.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html maggieflaniganstudio.business.site/ www.pearltrees.com/maggieflaniganstudio https://flic.kr/p/2mmmRAh
No comments:
Post a Comment